[Setup] Is the coredev buildout for Plone 4 supposed to work on Windows?

Karl Johan Kleist kleist at postkiosk.de
Thu Oct 22 10:28:41 UTC 2009

I've just been told on #zope that since the coredev Plone 4 buildout uses
Zope from svn, it must be built (and not with any C compiler, but the one
that built Python).

One should be able to pre-install Zope using the Windows installer, and tell
buildout to use it. However, no Windows installer seems to exist for Zope
2.12:

http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-August/037508.html

So I will probably resort to Linux for trying out Plone 4.