[Setup] ImportError: No module named decorator

dgroos djgroos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 20:14:12 UTC 2009

Plone 3.X does not run with Zope 2.12.
Stick with the recommended and blessed versions (Zope 2.10.X).

-aj

  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Zope2-2.12.0-py2.4-linux-i686.egg/Zope2/Startup/zopectl.py",
line 100, in realize
    ZDOptions.realize(self, *args, **kw)

Thanks ajung!  Based on this info and with the further help of naro on
#plone I was able to remove this zope and am now using zope 2.10.6 final.
Interestingly, I had a lot of zope and plone stuff in my
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages which I removed.  In the end I was able to
start the instance!  Now, on to solving the problem that led me to mess up
my version of zope!  I'll start a new thread as I think it is unrelated to
this thread.

David