[Setup] Problem Upgrading from Plone 3.2.2 to 3.2.3

slok yeksoon at neusteps.com
Sat Oct 17 16:25:33 UTC 2009

slok wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade Plone 3.2.2 to 3.2.3
>
> This is what I have done but I do not see the option of '3.2.3' when I am
> in ZMI.
>
> 1. Backup Data.fs
>
> 2. Stop Plone
>
> 3. Run buildout
> - bin/buildout
>
> 4. Login to Plone via the web browser
> - go to ZMI
> - select (or visit) portal_migration
>
> 5. At portal_migration, I cannot find any version newer than 3.2.2
>
> What other steps do I need to do in order to upgrade to 3.2.3 ?
>
> Thanks

I have managed to find the problem.

Apparently, it is some error in my buildout.cfg file.

Note:
1. Uncomment 'extends = http://dist.plone.org/release/3.2.2/versions.cfg'
2. Change 3.2.2 in above line to 3.2.3
3. Save file
4. run command 'bin/buildout -n'

After that, logon to Plone, go to ZMI and follow the portal_migration
instructions.

I make the change and run the command 'bin/buildout -n' again and after that
the upgrade went smoothly.