[Setup] buildout UnknownExtra error

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:53:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:22, lovis <j.sorg at fz-juelich.de> wrote:

> hi,
> yesterday i tried to buildout my project and i got a UnknownExtra error (see
> below). all approaches (remove fake-eggs, devel-eggs, ..., or use plone 3.3,
> ...) to fix the problem are dont help. my plone version is 3.1. I have two
> systems, one for develpment and one deployment (with a zeo server), on both
> systems is the error equivalent.
> (the first error message was that setuptools have to upgrade to version
> 0.6c11)
> i very grateful for any help.
>
> here are my buildout.cfg
> [...]
> recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance>=2.12.0b4dev

Why do you pin plone.recipe.zope2instance to this version?
This tries to install zope 2.12. Thats not a good idea if you intent
to run plone3
and plone4 is not yet stable.

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, the answers are different.
So what are you trying? Do you want to upgrade to a newer plone version,
or do you have buildout that was working and isn't any longer and you just want
it to run again?

Best regards,

       Patrick