[Setup] Proposed upgrade; Plone 2.0.5 to 3.x

Phillip Abramson phillipa at oxfam.org.au
Wed Nov 4 06:10:38 UTC 2009

Hi Steve,

I don't think it's skin customisation type things since
these are actually fresh installs without customisation
simply to make sure I can do the real thing without
endangering data. The portal_skins/custom is empty

and there are currently no third party products installed.

If I get a similar problem in the proper migration I'll
definitely keep that in mind though. I'll see if I can
move this onto the Plone users' list as you suggested.

I'm sure this is the wrong place to say it but just in
case the right person happens to glance across this;

I get the feeling that most of the documentation on
plone.org is more suited to the more experienced
Plone-users whilst is scary and intimidating to newbies.

They need specifics of how to do things and where
and when to do them without making any assumptions
about what we do or do not know as some people may
have limited or non-existent technical backgrounds.

Thanks,

Phillip