[Setup] Re: LDAP and Plone 3.2

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu May 28 14:28:41 UTC 2009

DUWayne R Holsbeck wrote:

> I have an older site, 2.5 I think, that uses LDAP. But it seems things
> change in 3.X. So what is the best avenue top follow. The
> products.PloneLDAP, the way I tired last time, does not seem to be
> compatible any more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PloneLDAP should be compatible with 3.0 and later, as described here :
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.PloneLDAP/

We migrated a 2.5 site that used PloneLDAP, across to Plone 3.1.2,
currently using PloneLDAP 1.0rc3
We only use PloneLDAP, configured at ZMI level, and don't use
plone.app.ldap (formerly simplon.plone.ldap)

The same configuration of PloneLDAP worked for us in Plone 3.1.2 as it
did in Plone 2.5.x. I don't recall having to change anything much.

However, for reasons which I've now forgotten, I believe I did need to
tear down acl_users and set it up again. Just printed out all the config
from the 2.5 site and re-added LDAP the multi-plugin.

Are you experiencing compatibility problems with specifically 3.2
perhaps? What are the symptoms?

Cheers
Nick

--