[Setup] plone without setup

George2 privet56 at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 08:16:51 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start Plone without setup. My steps were:

1. install 'Plone-3.2.2-buildout.exe' in a virtual pc
   (it works!)
2. copy installed files to the real pc
3. change directories in the .py-files in the %PLONEDIR%/bin directory
    (%PLONEDIR% is an absolute path to the copied Plone installation)
4. start %PLONEDIR%\python\PythonService.exe
    and "%PLONEDIR%\python\python.exe"
"%PLONEDIR%\parts\instance\bin\servicewrapper.py" -C
"%PLONEDIR%\parts\instance\etc\zope.conf"
5. result: error-message:
   Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "\parts\instance\bin\servicewrapper.py", line 102, in ?
       from Zope2.Startup import run
    ImportError: No module named Zope2.Startup

Is there a possibility to run Plone without installation? How to do it?

For Hints thanks in advance

P.S.: other bug: installation on UNC paths doesn't work: the message says,
that the file on
\\\\mypc\\c\\programs\\plone\\myscript.py not found