[Setup] Ldap authentication not restricting users to Plone folders

dobrien dobrien at plymouthart.ac.uk
Wed May 27 08:52:40 UTC 2009

Hello
I am using Ploneldap to authenticate against our Novell eDirectory but am
having a few problems.

• I can search users and groups in ZMI and Plone OK
• I cannot see members of ldap groups through Plone
• On sharing tab of Staff folder I have ldap group plonestaff* who Can view
• Student Folder has no ldap groups who are allowed entry, only Logged-in
users which has no  permission checks in boxes
• An ldap user in plonestaff* group can get into staff and student areas

Plonestaff* Is staff usergroup on Novell eDirectory
Ldap group Plonestaff does have Plone Member role.

I have included a screengrab of how my ldap pugin is arranged.
http://www.plymouthart.ac.uk/ldap-plugin.png

The site is using Intranet/Extranet Workflow.
LDAPMultiPlugins v1.5
LDAPUserFolder v2.8
PloneLDAP v1
Plone 3.2.2
Zope Version  (Zope 2.10.7-final, python 2.4.4, win32)
Python Version 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)]
System Platform win32
SOFTWARE_HOME C:\Plone\zope2\lib\python
ZOPE_HOME C:\Plone\zope2
INSTANCE_HOME C:\Plone\parts\instance
CLIENT_HOME C:\Plone\var\instance
Network Services ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_server (Port: 8080)
IIS6/Enfold Proxy

Would anybody have any pointers as to how I can restrict my ldap users
folder views?

Many Thanks.