[Setup] Anyone on Debian with add-ons?

Senseiwa senseiwa at me.com
Tue May 26 16:14:07 UTC 2009

athomerson wrote:

> You are not going to get a great selection of Plone add-ons if you stick
> to the ones that are provided by Debian packages.  The community accepted
> way of installing Plone (and add-on packages is 'buildout').  The best
> place to start is:
> http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/buildout/view?searchterm=buildout
> There will be lots more packages available as well as better support.

Thanks for your reply Allen!

I am aware of buildout, but it seems that Debian is not providing it. What I
meant is, is there a way of having Debian-provided Plone work with 3rd party
addons?

It would be perfect to have Debian and Plone work seamlessly with addons,
although I didn't find a way now. All I hoped is to find some Debian-ist
that faced this problem without having to install plone & zope from sources.

I still hope though! :)

Cheers!