[Setup] LDAPUseFolder problem : Pone group members disappear?

tcr t.ceretto at chu-nancy.fr
Wed May 20 13:04:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

Plone 2.1.3, Zope 2.8.6-final, python 2.3.5, win32, LDAPUserFolder 2.7

I have sought in Plone.org (and product doc) but the product don't exist any
more : he said use "PloneLDAP" instead. I don't wish to migrate...

We have many intranet sites which use AD users to compose Plone groups.

Since more 2 years we used LDAPUserFolder without problem, but yesterday,
after an intevention on AD, we loose many members of Plone groups.

We have identified the problem : when the "OU" of an AD user, is changed,
the user disappears from the Plone group and user can't access to the site.
(When OU is restablish Plone the user re-appear into the Plone group).

"OU" can change, when the user changes service or when the service name is
changed...

In ZMI, "LDAPUserFolder" is configured like this (parameters in bold):

Change the basic properties of your LDAPUserFolder on this form.

Title : Active Directory User Folder
Login Name Attribute : (sAMAccountName)
User ID Attribute : Canonical Name (cn)
RDN Attribute : Canonical Name (cn)
Users Base DN : dc=my-companyname,dc=fr   Scope : SUBTREE
Group storage : Group not stored ont LDAP server
Group mapping (Applies to LDAP group storage only) : Manually map LDAP
groups to Zope roles
Groups Base DN: ou=groups,dc=mycompany,dc=com  Scope: SUBTREE
Manager DN : cn=account-zope,ou=portal_zope,dc=my-companyname,dc=fr Password
Manager DN Usage : Always  Read-only : Checked
User object classes : top,person
User password encryption : SHA
Default User Roles : Member

How configure LDAPUserFolder for the user don't disappear from Plone group
when "OU" is changed?

Thank you very much,

Thierrry