[Setup] Re: Setup Digest, Vol 43, Issue 12

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri May 15 14:56:38 UTC 2009

Goran Sljivic wrote:

> Ok ,If your experience with Debian Etch and unified installer is
> postive.Why not:)
> Some people advice me build out method beacuse is easier for maintenance.
> Your information  from "first hand"  is useful for me.Next week I will
> try unified installer for Plone.

Goran,
   If you use the Unified Installer for Plone 3.1 and later, you get
buildout with it !!  So now you can have the best of both worlds -
Unified Installer AND buildout

   I wonder how many people don't realise this yet? In 3.0 if I recall
correctly you had either unified installer or buildout, but from 3.1
onwards you get both together. Very useful.

   BTW in my experience, buildout was somewhat of a PITA to understand
at first, but it is totally worth the effort as it makes things so much
easier.

Cheers
Nick

--