[Setup] Re: Build out Debian Etch

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri May 15 09:13:13 UTC 2009

Goran Sljivic wrote:

> I was try install Plone  with this   build out tutorial
> http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/plone-on-debian-etch
> and  have error in this step:
>
> :~/mybuildout$ python2.4 bootstrap.py
> While:
>  Initializing.
>

>  File "urllib2.py", line 480, in http_error_default
>    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
> HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>

> What is matter ?

Goran,
   I don't know what the cause of this problem is, but why are you
building this by hand, when you could use the Unified installer? We're
on Debian Etch too, and the unified installer for Plone 3.1 gives an
installation with buildout which works just fine.
   It seems to me you're making life difficult for yourself by following
that tutorial, unless you have some very specific reason why you must
install it all by hand.
Regards,
Nick

:-)