[Setup] Virtual hosting setup

danielcodrea daniel.codrea at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 09:03:33 UTC 2009

Holden Hao wrote:

> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM, danielcodrea
> <daniel.codrea at yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>> I created the folders for the log files, so now apache can write the
>> logs.
>> I moved the virtual host settings to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ folder
>> now when i go to http://support.coena.com it gives an error:
>> Forbidden
>> you don't have permission to access/ on this server
>

> Make sure that:
>
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) \  http://....................... [L,P]
>
> is in one line. I am just guessing that this could be the problem since it
> seemed its on a second line in the config I gave you.  Perhaps, Gmail
> wrapped the line.
>

> Holden

It's in one line,
and apache is not giving any error when restarting,
but it still gives the forbidden page when i enter http://support.coena.com
in a browser and the page loads when i enter
http://support.coena.com:8080/coenasupport in the browser.

 is there any chance that the rewrite rule is not taken into consideration?