[Setup] Virtual hosting setup

Holden Hao holdenhao at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:48:36 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> Thanks again for the answer.
> I did all that you mentioned like this:
>
> 1) In httpd.conf I entered:  NameVirtualHost *:80
>
> 2) I created a httpd folder in /etc/, inside the httpd folder, I created
> another conf.d folder, containing the file support.conf.
> In support.conf I entered:

You should not need to create an httpd folder.  It should be there when
httpd or Apache was installed.  Perhaps that is the problem.  What
distribution are you using?  You can also check where the right folder to
put the config file to by looking at httpd.conf and looking for the inlcude
directive.  Look for something like:

Include  /etc/httpd/conf.d/

This means that the virtual host config file should be located in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/

> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{support.coena.com}:80/coenasupport/VirtualHostRoot/$1[L,P]<http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%%7Bsupport.coena.com%7D:80/coenasupport/VirtualHostRoot/$1%5BL,P%5D>

The %{SERVER_NAME} is an Apache variable.  No need to edit that.

HTH,

Holden