[Setup] Virtual hosting setup

danielcodrea daniel.codrea at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 06:52:06 UTC 2009

Holden Hao wrote:

>> I have a virtual hosting problem, or, at least I think it is a virtual
>> hosting problem.
>> So, I have a website with the domain www.xxx.com hosted on a Ubuntu Hardy
>> server. I have a Plone website hosted on a DIFFERENT Ubuntu Hardy server.
>> What I want to do is to redirect a subdomain of my first web site
>> (www.xxx.com) to the Plone website: something like this:
> mysubdomain.xxx.com
>> = http://server:8080/plonesite.
>> All I need to to is to mask the url of the plonesite, so that visitors
> will
>> see only a subdomain of my xxx.com website.
>> Can someone help me in setting this up?
>
> You need to configure your nameserver to point your sub domain to your
> Ubuntu server which serves Plone.  Then in your Plone server you can
> configure Zope to listen to port 80 (edit zope.conf) for a direct
> connection.
>
> You might also want to refer to
>
> http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/plone-with-apache/
>
> for more details.
>

> Good luck.
>

> Holden

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
I managed to configure the nameserver to point to the subdomain i wanted.
Now I have it set like this: http://subdomain.xxx.com:8080/plonesite and i
want iot to look like http://subdomain.xxx.com.
I followed the directions from the article in the link you mentioned, but it
did not do it. :(

Daniel