[Setup] Virtual hosting setup

Holden Hao holdenhao at gmail.com
Wed May 6 23:48:47 UTC 2009

> I have a virtual hosting problem, or, at least I think it is a virtual
> hosting problem.
> So, I have a website with the domain www.xxx.com hosted on a Ubuntu Hardy
> server. I have a Plone website hosted on a DIFFERENT Ubuntu Hardy server.
> What I want to do is to redirect a subdomain of my first web site
> (www.xxx.com) to the Plone website: something like this:
mysubdomain.xxx.com
> = http://server:8080/plonesite.
> All I need to to is to mask the url of the plonesite, so that visitors
will
> see only a subdomain of my xxx.com website.
> Can someone help me in setting this up?

You need to configure your nameserver to point your sub domain to your
Ubuntu server which serves Plone.  Then in your Plone server you can
configure Zope to listen to port 80 (edit zope.conf) for a direct
connection.

You might also want to refer to

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/plone-with-apache/

for more details.