[Setup] advise needed- existing plone3 site to use ldap

dthomas218 dthomas at ois-online.com
Fri May 1 23:25:26 UTC 2009

Stuart,

Your best best is to reproduce the same users in your LDAP container. Plone
won't care where they came from, and it doesn't have a SID or underlying
unique code for the user. Stuart in plone = Stuart in LDAP. (Case sensitive,
though!).

By adding an LDAP container, your current Plone permissions won't go away
(just don't delete the user folder in acl_users!) So it should be easy to
test: add a new user in Plone, have them create some-content, now delete
them in Plone and add them in LDAP, see if they can still manage
some-content.

Dan

Quoted from:
http://n2.nabble.com/advise-needed--existing-plone3-site-to-use-ldap-tp2600330p2600330.html