[Setup] Re: content type icons missing in migrated site

John DeStefano john.destefano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:33:32 UTC 2009

A recent post by Bastien Gauthier reminded me to do full index
rebuild.  This did help to be able to view the missing icons and
regain access to portal tools that were broken (such as
portal_quickinstaller), but basic views are still broken and crash
with tracebacks similar to these:

Traceback (innermost last):
Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 216, in _exec
Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 48, in FSPT_pt_render
Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 120, in PT_pt_render
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 891, in do_useMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 957, in do_defineSlot
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 861, in do_defineMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 957, in do_defineSlot
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 525, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 949, in do_defineSlot
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 861, in do_defineMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 586, in do_setLocal_tal
Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
  - Line 11, Column 4
  - Expression: <PathExpr standard:u'here/getText'>
  - Names:
     {'container': <PloneSite at /my-site>,
      'context': <ATDocument at /my-site/front-page>,
      'default': <object object at 0xb7f7c528>,
      'here': <ATDocument at /my-site/front-page>,
      'loop': {},
      'nothing': None,
      'options': {'args': ()},
      'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object
at 0xaf83dc8c>,
      'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://my-host:8080/my-site/front-
page/document_view>,
      'root': <Application at >,
      'template': <FSPageTemplate at /my-site/document_view used for /
my-site/front-page>,
      'traverse_subpath': [],
      'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>}
Module zope.tales.expressions, line 217, in __call__
Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 161, in _eval
Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 123, in render
Module Products.Archetypes.ClassGen, line 56, in generatedAccessor
Module wicked.fieldevent, line 29, in render
Module zope.event, line 23, in notify
Module zope.component.event, line 26, in dispatch
Module zope.component._api, line 130, in subscribers
Module zope.component.registry, line 290, in subscribers
Module zope.interface.adapter, line 535, in subscribers
Module wicked.fieldevent, line 16, in notifyFieldEvent
Module zope.component._api, line 101, in getMultiAdapter
Module zope.component._api, line 114, in queryMultiAdapter
Module zope.component.registry, line 206, in queryMultiAdapter
Module zope.interface.adapter, line 482, in queryMultiAdapter
Module wicked.fieldevent.meta, line 78, in field_value
Module Products.Archetypes.Field, line 1391, in get
Module Products.Archetypes.BaseUnit, line 100, in transform
Module Products.PortalTransforms.TransformEngine, line 181, in convertTo
Module Products.PortalTransforms.chain, line 51, in convert
Module Products.PortalTransforms.Transform, line 192, in convert
AttributeError: _v_transform

I found this:
https://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/wiki/vTransform
... which states: "An "Attribute Error?: _v_transform" error is caused
by a broken translation in portal_transforms. To resolve it, remove
any transformations marked as broken in the "Contents" and "Policy"
tabs of the portal_transforms tool in the ZMI."

However, nothing seems broken in the Contents or Policy tabs of
portal_transforms.  I also clicked the "Reload transforms" tab, which
completed without error, but the document view problem remains.

~John