[Setup] Plone 3 & LDAP with remote server; what to install

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 19:05:04 UTC 2009

How very nice of you to report your positive experience, with details, and how very nice of the Ubuntu residents to help you out!

(In #ubuntu did they think your Plone-related enquiry off-topic, or did they leap to help?)

My broader, long-term interest in plone.app.ldap is summarised at <http://n2.nabble.com/simplon.plone.ldap-resurfaces-as-plone.app.ldap-tp349110p1518690.html>.

Skimming through your last post (not delving into your .cfg file at this point) my first thought is that you probably need only the plone.app.ldap stuff (within which python-ldap is implicit) but I do not encourage you to experiment with something that is working after a struggle!

Many, many thanks for sharing with the community.

Graham