[Setup] Plone 3 & LDAP with remote server; what to install

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:35:07 UTC 2009

Congrats on getting it working!  No easy feat, as you may see from my struggle at:
http://destefano.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/plone-and-ldap-support/

... or the warnings in the LDAP section of Practical Plone 3.

I suspect that you had a working OpenLDAP on your system before your successful buildout.  Did you happen to keep the output/log of the buildout process, so you could check back to see which version of LDAP it used?  Some of the buildout sections you had were actually interdependent and would install some of each other as prerequisites to themselves.  So it's hard to say what happened and how it worked without the logs, or if you could start from scratch and try again without any of these packages being installed.

Best,
~John