[Setup] Plone 3 & LDAP with remote server; what to install

Graham Perrin G.J.Perrin at bton.ac.uk
Sun Mar 29 19:14:41 UTC 2009

recent thread  with similar issues like I am having. I am using Linux and it seems the error message is the same.

For the purposes of this topic, and your use of Linux, I might treat the other topic as specific to Mac OS X.

… <http://paste.ubuntu.com/138774/">…

Focusing on line 305 of that paste, I should refer you to <http://n2.nabble.com/installing-python-ldap-for-buildout-tp729191p729191.html>. Threaded view may be difficult in the new plone.org theme so skip to old  <http://old.plone.org/support/forums/general#nabble-tt729191%7Ca1247965> if you prefer.

Don't be alarmed by the sixty or more messages in that topic; many are unrelated to python-ldap. But I suspect that the answer you require is somewhere in the midst.

Happy browsing!