[Setup] Plone 3 & LDAP with remote server; what to install

Noisy1 cguers at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 17:06:53 UTC 2009

AFAIK the openldap part is unnecessary.

So, I go rid of the references to openldap and python-ldap, but buildout is still trying to find openldap. During one of my tries, I commented out the [openldap} section, but then buildout complained it was missing.

This is part of the mystery behind a neophyte in buildout like me. I don't know where to look to resolve this. I would greatly appreciate your help in pointing out my mistake.

I pasted here  the full console output of running buildout, my complete buildout.cfg and versions.cfg files.

BTW, I get an error when I try pasting this <u>exact same text</u> (console output & the two files) into paste.plone.org, so I had to look for a different paste server. I am including this here in case someone who maintains paste.plone.org is watching.