[Setup] Plone 3 & LDAP with remote server; what to install

Noisy1 cguers at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 18:23:40 UTC 2009

3. TTP, install the product
4. TTP, use the LDAP control panel

What does TTP stand for?

BTW, I am still getting errors. I tried posting them on paste.plone.org , but I am getting an error now on that paste (try seeing http://paste.plone.org/27207 ). I am away from my plone box at this time, so I will try to paste again later.

However, independent of my plone.paste.org woes, here's what I did. I took your suggestion, Graham, and added plone.app.ldap to the appropriate sections and I also added some lines in buildout as noted in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/forum/server/Plone .

I ran
apt-get install libdb4.4-dev libsasl2-dev libssl-dev
and I added the following lines to my standard Plone 3.2.1 buildout

[buildout]
versions = versions
parts =
        openldap
        python-ldap

[versions]
python-ldap = 2.3.5

[openldap]
recipe = zc.recipe.cmmi
url = ftp://ftp.openldap.org/pub/OpenLDAP/openldap-stable/openldap-stable-20071118.tgz

[python-ldap]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg:custom
egg = python-ldap
include-dirs  =
    ${openldap:location}/include
library-dirs  =
    ${openldap:location}/lib

I already have python, zope and plone installed and running. I was expecting that adding the openldap and python-ldap lines in buildout would help getting those installed. However, buildout produces an error stating that it cannot find openldap on my system... it is obviously not installing it as I thought it would.