[Setup] Plone 3 & LDAP with remote server; what to intall

Noisy1 cguers at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 21:29:48 UTC 2009

I've been doing a lot of reading and I am a little confused on what I need to install with my Plone system in order to have it use an LDAP server that will be running on a separate server. I would believe that I do not need openldap, openssl or cyrus sasl if I have an LDAP server on my network.

Is this the case? Do I only need to install python-ldap and PloneLDAP along with Zope & Plone 3.x?

BTW, both my Plone and LDAP servers are Linux.

Thanks for your help!