[Setup] Problem with External Editor

Vinicio Balducci vinicio.balducci at irpi.cnr.it
Thu Mar 19 15:09:44 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am running Plone 3.2.1 on Fedora 8 O.S. and I would like to use an
External Editor (Dreamweaver MX) to edit items in Plone.
Clicking the pencil icon near the selected item (for exampe the folder
called "library") opens it directly in Dreamweaver, but with the
following message:

"library.zope is a read only file and can be viewed but not changed.
What wuold you like to do with this file?  1. View - 2. Make Writable -
3. Cancel".

If I select "Make Writable" no change takes place on the item.

Does someone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Vinicio
--