[Setup] AJAX issues? - Plone on one server Apache on another

JimL jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 16 09:37:55 UTC 2009

I have the following setup:

Plone - Varnish - Apache.

Plone and Varnish are on one box, and Apache is on another (obviously with a
separate IP address).

I'm using the Virtual Host Monster to map from Apache to Plone in the
following manner:

<Location /test>
ProxyPass
http://111.222.333.444:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.eng.ox.ac.uk:80/test/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_test
ProxyPassReverse
http://111.222.333.444:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.eng.ox.ac.uk:80/test/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_test
</Location>

Things work fine (the site displays correctly) until I log in and go to edit
a page. At that point the Kupu editor appears completely blank (no content
visible) and none of the buttons work.

I'm assuming this is an AJAX issue caused by the difference in IP address
between the Plone server and the Apache server.

Am I right in thinking that you cannot run Apache on a different machine and
still have the AJAX working? If I am wrong, is there a way of getting this
working?

Cheers,  Jim