[Setup] Re: trouble instaling omelette

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:16:19 UTC 2009

Martin and Vitaliy,

thanks for your anwers. Now:

2009/3/8 Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com<optilude%2Blists at gmail.com>

> This is my buildout.cfg
>>
>> ############################################
>> # Eggs
>> # ----
>> # Add an indented line to the eggs section for any Python
>> # eggs or packages you wish to include.
>> #
>> eggs =
>>    Plone
>>    omelette
>>

> Why did you add 'omelette' here? There is no 'omelette' egg (see below).

I added "omelette" here because I followed the instructions found at this
page:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.recipe.omelette
(see "Typical usage with Zope and Plone" )

> [omelette]
>> recipe = collective.recipe.omelette
>> #eggs = ${instance:eggs}
>> eggs = Plone omelette
>>

> Why did you comment this out? ${instance:eggs} is right. 'omelette' is not
> an egg, and so asking for the omelette to include 'Plone' and 'omelette' is
> not going to work.

I commented this out because I choose to build with a zeo server and a
couple of "client" as instances, so there's no "instance" defined in my
buildout.cfg

Now "omelette is NOT an egg" is the bit of information I was missing

But I just followed the instructions. So how was I supposed to know that
omelette is not an egg ?

>> What's wrong with my installation ? Why a "distribution" for omelette
>> isn't found ?
>>

> This means that buildout tried to look for an egg ('distribution') called
> 'omelette' by searching pypi.python.org and other sites listed in
> find-links. It can't find it, and so gives up.

Ok.

I'll try and let you know.

Thank you so much, anyway, for your kind answers. I really appreciated them.

Bye
Cato