[Setup] Re: trouble instaling omelette

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 13:25:04 UTC 2009

Catonano wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I installed Plone with the Unified installer, on Ubuntu, with a ZEO
> server and 2 clients as instances.
>
> Then, I tried to install omelette. I want to learn the framework and the
> accessibility of the code is key to the reverse engineering I'm up to.
>
> This is my buildout.cfg
>
> ############################################
> # Eggs
> # ----
> # Add an indented line to the eggs section for any Python
> # eggs or packages you wish to include.
> #
> eggs =
>     Plone
>     omelette

Why did you add 'omelette' here? There is no 'omelette' egg (see below).

> [...]
>
> newest = false
> parts =
>     zope2
>     productdistros
>     zeoserver
>     client1
>     client2
>     zopepy
>     zopeskel
>     precompile
>     chown
>     unifiedinstaller
>     omelette
>
> [...]
>
> # Add additional egg download sources here. dist.plone.org
> <http://dist.plone.org> contains archives
> # of Plone packages.
> find-links =
>     http://dist.plone.org
>     http://download.zope.org/ppix/
>     http://download.zope.org/distribution/
>     http://effbot.org/downloads
>

> # unzip all eggs for easier debugging
> unzip = true
>
> [...]
>
> [omelette]
> recipe = collective.recipe.omelette
> #eggs = ${instance:eggs}
> eggs = Plone omelette

Why did you comment this out? ${instance:eggs} is right. 'omelette' is
not an egg, and so asking for the omelette to include 'Plone' and
'omelette' is not going to work.

> # products = ${instance:products}
> packages = ${zope2:location}/lib/python ./
>

> and when I run bin/buildout I get what follows:
>
> catonano at catonano-laptop:~/Plone/zeocluster$ bin/buildout
> Updating zope2.
> Updating fake eggs
> Updating productdistros.
> Updating zeoserver.
> Installing client1.
> Couldn't find index page for 'omelette' (maybe misspelled?)
> Getting distribution for 'omelette'.
> While:
>   Installing client1.
>   Getting distribution for 'omelette'.
> Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'omelette'.
> catonano at catonano-laptop:~/Plone/zeocluster$
>
> What's wrong with my installation ? Why a "distribution" for omelette
> isn't found ?

This means that buildout tried to look for an egg ('distribution')
called 'omelette' by searching pypi.python.org and other sites listed in
find-links. It can't find it, and so gives up.

Martin