[Setup] trouble instaling omelette

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:01:35 UTC 2009

Hello people,

I installed Plone with the Unified installer, on Ubuntu, with a ZEO server
and 2 clients as instances.

Then, I tried to install omelette. I want to learn the framework and the
accessibility of the code is key to the reverse engineering I'm up to.

This is my buildout.cfg

# Eggs
# ----
# Add an indented line to the eggs section for any Python
# eggs or packages you wish to include.
#
eggs =
    Plone
    omelette

[...]

newest = false
parts =
    zope2
    productdistros
    zeoserver
    client1
    client2
    zopepy
    zopeskel
    precompile
    chown
    unifiedinstaller
    omelette

[...]

# Add additional egg download sources here. dist.plone.org contains archives
# of Plone packages.
find-links =
    http://dist.plone.org
    http://download.zope.org/ppix/
    http://download.zope.org/distribution/
    http://effbot.org/downloads

# unzip all eggs for easier debugging
unzip = true

[...]

[omelette]
recipe = collective.recipe.omelette
#eggs = ${instance:eggs}
eggs = Plone omelette
# products = ${instance:products}
packages = ${zope2:location}/lib/python ./

and when I run bin/buildout I get what follows:

catonano at catonano-laptop:~/Plone/zeocluster$ bin/buildout
Updating zope2.
Updating fake eggs
Updating productdistros.
Updating zeoserver.
Installing client1.
Couldn't find index page for 'omelette' (maybe misspelled?)
Getting distribution for 'omelette'.
While:
  Installing client1.
  Getting distribution for 'omelette'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'omelette'.
catonano at catonano-laptop:~/Plone/zeocluster$

What's wrong with my installation ? Why a "distribution" for omelette isn't
found ?

Thanks anyone for any hint
Catonano

--
La difesa più sicura contro il male è l'estremo individualismo,
l'originalità di pensiero, la stravaganza, perfino, se volete,

Less than one di Joseph Brodsky