[Setup] Varnish cache does not appear to speed up page delivery

JimL jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 14:44:19 UTC 2009

Thanks Ric,

this is really helping.

I've just noticed the:

Cache-Control: max-age=0, s-maxage=0, private, must-revalidate

header. I'm no expert on any of this, but from what I've just been reading,
the max-age=0 means that content is never fresh and Varnish is contacting
the backend every time (i.e. not caching)?

Let me know if I'm wrong. If so that would explain why the performance is
just a tiny bit slower than Plone on its own.

Cheers,  Jim