[Setup] Re: Migration from 2.53 to 3.2 leaves folders without all 5
tabs in Edit mode
Maurits van Rees
m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Mar 4 08:46:39 UTC 2009
dthomas218, on 2009-03-03:
> I am trying to migrate content from Plone 2.53 to 3.2a, and their parent
> folders do *not* have all five tabs in edit mode:
> * Default
> * Categorization
> * Dates
> * Ownership
> * Settings
> Instead, they only have two tabs: Default and Metadata.
> In addition, I get an error viewing an object in one of these migrated
> folders: KeyError: 'nextPreviousEnabled.' If I copy the object to a newly
> created folder, with all 5 tabs, the error goes away.
'nextPreviousEnabled' is a new attribute on Folders. So the schema of
folders has changed. This means that you need to do a schema update.
Follow these steps:
- Make a backup just in case something goes wrong.
- Go to the Zope Management Interface.
- Go to the archetype_tool.
- Go to the Update Schema tab.
- I expect several types to be selected there already. Keep those
selections and make sure that at least ATContentTypes.ATFolder is
- In the drop down box choose to update All objects.
- Select the 'Remove schema attributes from instances' checkbox.
- Click on Update schema. Depending on how much content you have,
this can take a while.
I'm not sure this helps with the two versus five tabs problem, but it
should at least fix the nextPreviousEnabled problem.
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/
"This is your day, don't let them take it away." [Barlow Girl]
More information about the Setup