[Setup] Re: Theme change causes crash

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Jun 26 22:49:11 UTC 2009

lars20070, on 2009-06-26:

> As admin I changed the Theme for our Plone server from 'default' to the
> already installed 'tableless'. Since then I cannot access our server and end
> up with the following Site Error:
>
> Site Error
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource
> Debugging Notice
> Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.
> Cannot locate object at:
> http://sara.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/front-page/document_view
>
> I can restart the server with '/bin/instance restart' but the Site Error
> persists. Any idea how to change back to the default theme and access the
> server again? Thanks

I was going to give some other suggestions, but I see that the
following works:
http://sara.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/?plone_skin=Plone%20Default
or
http://sara.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/?plone_skin=Plone Default

You may need to keep adding that part on each url until you have fixed
it.

I will leave my original suggestions for completeness sake:

Hm, I see that not even the login_form is found:
http://sara.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/login_form

If you are still logged in, you can go to the Zope Management
Interface (ZMI):

http://sara.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/manage_main

That should still work.  Then go to portal_skins, then the properties
tab and fix it.

If you are nog logged in anymore, then you need to login one level
higher than Plone, namely in the zope root.  I hope your user account
has access there and that you can reach that part of the website;
read: you should be able to reach the port number that the zope
instance is running on.

Cheers,

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/