[Setup] Re: Error translating "NEWS" with linguaplone 2.4

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Sat Jun 20 00:50:02 UTC 2009

Mirto Silvio Busico, on 2009-06-19:

> Hi all,
>
> I have plone 3.2.2 and linguaplone pinned at 2.4
>
> In versions.cfg  have:
>     Products.LinguaPlone = 2.4
>
> When I try to translate the portal area titles "Users", "News" and
> "Events" I receive the error:
> "ValueError: Disallowed subobject type: Large Plone Folder"
>
> I'm translating the folders, not the elements used as view.
>
> What can I do?

Those folders are Large Plone Folders (well, I do not know for sure,
but the error message sure suggests it).  And by default you are not
allowed to add such a folder to the Plone Site root.

To solve this, go to the Zope Management Interface (ZMI), then to
portal_types, then the Plone Site type, and (temporarily) add Large
Plone Folder to the allowed types.  Then try translating again.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/