[Setup] Accessing custom memberdata

audleman kevin.audleman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:48:57 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have added a few properties to my memberdata, namely "organization" and
"region." I am trying to update the author.cpt template (e.g. what you see
when you click on a users name anywhere in the site) to display these new
fields but have run into a stumbling block. This template calls the function
mtool.getMemberInfo to bring in member properties but it doesn't include any
custom. Indeed, I checked out the documentation for the function in
MembershipTool.py and the function politely tells me

"""
Return 'harmless' Memberinfo of any member, such as Full name, Location,
etc.
"""

So how do I gain access to my additional properties?

The author.cpt template has the following defined:

mtool - I assume this means membership tool
author - A string with the author name

I would think I should try to get the member object then call
member.getProperty for each of my properties. However I don't know how to
get the member object.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin