[Setup] Re: LinguaPlone corrupts plone site

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 10 20:33:43 UTC 2009

Raphael Ritz wrote:
> Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>

> Hi Mirto,
>

>> until two days ago all worked well. But today when I create a plone
>> site and, from the add-on products page, I install LinguaPlone the
>> plone site is corrupted and I can see only ann error.
>>
>> I'm using the unified installer for 3.2.2 and I enabled the
>> version.cfg from dist.plone.org
>>
>> [buildout]

>> extends = http://dist.plone.org/release/3.2.2/versions.cfg
>
> [..]
>
>>    * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 123, in render
>>    * Module Products.LinguaPlone.browser.selector, line 20, in available
>>
>> AttributeError: showSelector (Also, the following error occurred while
>> attempting to render the standard error message, please see the event
>> log for full details: showSelector)
>>

> more guessing than knowing but looking at
>
>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.cvs/27002
>
> I get the impression that you might have a version mismatch somewhere
> (like between the language tool and LP).
>
> I'm sure Hanno would know more,

And here is Hanno's response (that happened to end up in my
mailbox only):

Regarding the actual problem, LP trunk or 3.0a1 is only tested with
Plone 3.3rc3. Someone reported it doesn't work with PloneLanguageTool
before 3.0, so I added a new version restriction for that.

LP 2.4 should work fine with older Plone versions:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.LinguaPlone/2.4

Hanno