[Setup] Plone Installation Buidout Problems in Windows XP

RRamki rramkrish at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:47:01 UTC 2009

Hello

I have a fairly good knowledge about Python and Zope. Recently I am planning
to develop a Plone application for a bank. So I bought the excellent book
Professional Plone Development by Martin Aspeli. My idea was to study the
book and create the case study explained in the book to give me a basic
knowledge about Plone application development. So first I installed Plone
3.2.3 on my XP SP2 m/c. Then I came to the first hurdle of Installing a
buildout as outlined in the book. After some googling I got the excellent
documentation Setting up Buildout Using the Windows Installer for Plone.
When II was running the buildout step I had the following problems:

1. A few of the eggs being installed gave warning 'Return' out of the
function body.
2. Installing Zopesecurity failed as Visual Studio 7.5 was needed which I do
not have and the buildout terminated.

My first instinct was to try and bypass Zopesecurity but could not find how
to do it. The second was to reinstall Plone 3.2.3 and only install the
ZopeSkel and try to continue the instructions in the book of intalling the
policy.

But I am not sure what is to be done. Since I am fairly conversant with
Python and Zope I feel this is only a starting problem. Any help will be
highly appreciated.

RRamki