[Setup] buildout -n followed by restart results in traceback error about webcouturier.dropdownmenu

shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 14 01:51:05 UTC 2009

Plone Community:

I have been running a plone site for some months.  While I'm not terribly
proficient, things have gone smoothly until now.  Today, however, backed up
Data.fs, stopped the servers, did a 'buildout -n' which, I thought, went
smoothly.  Now I restart servers and clients, visit the site and am getting
Site error followed by a traceback error.  Now, I must confess to know being
able to read a traceback error effectively and can't seem to find a good
link to helping me to decipher that.  However, based on the fact that it is
telling me "innermost last", I trust that looking at the end of the
traceback is the clue to what failed.  I see that it is telling me that it
couldn't find the attribute "dropdown_properties" in the module
webcouturier.dropdown.  I also see, based on timestamps of
/path-to-plone/buildout-cache/eggs that it did, in fact, upgrade
webcouturier.dropdown to version 2.0 today from 1.1.5 previously.

Unfortunately, even if I'm correct in that analysis, I can't seem to find
what to do to properly define the dropdown_properites attribute.

If anyone can help me to better understand what my traceback is telling me
or how to go about fixing my dropdown_properties attribute, I'd greatly
appreciate.

Thanks for your consideration,

John

p.s. In the following traceback, the directory name is /usr/local/Plone3.1.1
which was the original directory name that I chose when I first installed
Plone not realizing that 'buildout -n' would upgrade in place.  I believe
that, at this point, I am running Plone3.1.7.

Here is the traceback:

Site Error

AttributeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 202, in publish_module_standard
    * Module plone.app.linkintegrity.monkey, line 21, in
zpublisher_exception_hook_wrapper
    * Module Zope2.App.startup, line 221, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 216, in _exec
    * Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 29, in FSPT_pt_render
    * Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_utils, line 9, in call_pattern
    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 155, in pt_render
    * Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 77, in PT_pt_render
    * Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_utils, line 9, in call_pattern
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 89, in pt_render
    * Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 891, in do_useMacro
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 536, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 521, in do_optTag
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 534, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 745, in do_insertStructure_tal
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 221, in
evaluateStructure
    * Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
file:/usr/local/Plone-3.1.1/zeocluster/parts/plone/CMFPlone/skins/plone_templates/main_template.pt
      Line 69, Column 8
      Expression: <StringExpr u'plone.portaltop'>
      Names:

      {'container': <PloneSite at /SNF>,
       'context': <ATDocument at
/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility>,
       'default': ,
       'here': <ATDocument at
/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility>,
       'loop': {},
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': ()},
       'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at
0xed2562c>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://localhost:8180/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility/document_view>,
       'root': <Application at >,
       'template': <FSPageTemplate at /SNF/document_view used for
/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': <SpecialUser 'Anonymous User'>}

    * Module Products.Five.browser.providerexpression, line 37, in __call__
    * Module plone.app.viewletmanager.manager, line 151, in render
    * Module plone.app.viewletmanager.manager, line 80, in render
    * Module zope.app.pagetemplate.simpleviewclass, line 44, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 129, in _exec
    * Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_cmf, line 77, in PT_pt_render
    * Module Products.CacheSetup.patch_utils, line 9, in call_pattern
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 89, in pt_render
    * Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 534, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 516, in no_tag
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 346, in interpret
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 745, in do_insertStructure_tal
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 221, in
evaluateStructure
    * Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
      Line 2, Column 0
      Expression: <StringExpr 'plone.portalheader'>
      Names:

      {'container': <ATDocument at
/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility>,
       'context': <ATDocument at
/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility>,
       'default': ,
       'here': <ATDocument at
/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility>,
       'loop': {},
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': ()},
       'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object at
0xf26382c>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://localhost:8180/SNF/welcome-to-the-stanford-nanofabrication-facility/document_view>,
       'root': <Application at >,
       'template': <ImplicitAcquirerWrapper object at 0xf26308c>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': <SpecialUser 'Anonymous User'>,
       'view': <Products.Five.viewlet.viewlet.SimpleViewletClass from
/usr/local/Plone-3.1.1/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.layout-1.1.5-py2.4.egg/plone/app/layout/viewlets/portal_header.pt
object at 0xf1ef38c>,
       'views': <zope.app.pagetemplate.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0xf2632ac>}

    * Module Products.Five.browser.providerexpression, line 34, in __call__
    * Module zope.viewlet.manager, line 104, in update
    * Module webcouturier.dropdownmenu.browser.dropdown, line 104, in update

AttributeError: dropdown_properties (Also, the following error occurred
while attempting to render the standard error message, please see the event
log for full details: dropdown_properties)

Troubleshooting Suggestions

    * The URL may be incorrect.
    * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the error
log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience.