[Setup] Problem with Plone OS X installer on OS X 10.4.11

zif ziffel09 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 00:44:20 UTC 2009

Hi Steve,

Turns out this machine had that download of Python 2.5.2 installed locally for testing some other apps.  Python 2.3 is the default system install.

So I decided to try to install wxPython from wxpython.org in that local Python 2.5.2 install just to see if I might get lucky before reverting the machine back to the default system Python 2.3 (which indeed does have wx installed as you indicate).

Fortunately, I did get lucky and Plone installed just fine, running on it's own copy of Python 2.4 after that of course.  I apologize for not checking this out more fully before posting.  But I guess at least now we have another data point showing just how robust the Plone Mac installer is.  I complement you on that good work.

Thanks very much.