[Setup] Problem with Plone OS X installer on OS X 10.4.11

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Sun Jul 12 22:35:53 UTC 2009

I'm away from my office, and don't have access to a 10.4 machine at the
moment. But, the 10.4 machines I've tested with in the past all have wx in
the library for the included Python.

http://www.python.org/download/mac/

might be a source for a build that should have wx.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 3:01 PM, zif <ziffel09 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Steve.
>
> The Python install should be the OS X 10.4.11 system install, as it came on
> the machine with any OS X patches Apple may have made.  When Python starts
> up, it prints:
>
> plone-test:~plone-user$ python
> Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 22 2008, 07:57:53)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5363)] on darwin
>
> I have XCode installed on this test machine.  But I kind of was hoping I
> wouldn't have to use the Universal installer, maybe I'll try to figure out
> if there is some way to get the wxwidgets tools installed on this system so
> I can still use the OS X binary installer.
>

> > The real error here is:
> >
> > Jul 12 12:05:48 plone-test : preflight[400]: ImportError: No module named
> > wx
> >
> > This means that the system Python didn't have wxwidgets available, which
> > should be a part of the standard system Python on a 10.4.11 install. Is
> > there any chance you've replaced the system Python? (There's also some
> > chance that there's been a regression in the installer. I don't check
> > every
> > release on a 10.4.x machine.)
> >
> > If the problem is a change in the system Python, the thing to do would be
> > install the XCode tools and use the Unified Installer rather than the
> > interactive binary installer.
> >
> > Steve

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC