[Setup] root and rootless instances rootless disconnects

Dale DeWitt dewittdale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 08:42:20 UTC 2009

I have a standard unified installer instance and decided to to a non
sudo install.  I connected with the virgin buildout.cfg settings.  But
when I changed the port and or added ... say reflecto then the site
wouldl not connect despite all normal network checks.  Using sudo -s
and bin/instance start it may say -already running- and simultaneously
say it's -stopped- when I try to stop it.  After numerous installs I
gave up and used the root install all by itself.

I had the simply modified instance running and when ubuntu was
restarted the bin/instance start would not connect.  The root install
of course works fine.