[Setup] Re: Installing Plone in a virtual machine

Joel Marion jo.marion at uwinnipeg.ca
Thu Jul 9 15:29:40 UTC 2009

Hi Lars,

I've successfully installed Plone in many virtual machine instances, though not on Windows guests. My setup has been Linux virtual machines on Virtualbox running on Windows XP SP3.

Are you using python 2.4? Have you tried downloading Plone again (in case of a broken download)?

Are you committed to running on Windows? I think you'll find more people working on *nix, than Windows, and thus more support for *nix-based installs.

Maybe try using a different virtual machine (VMWare, Virtualbox), in case M$ Virtual PC is the culprit.

Joel