[Setup] What sort of hardware specs are people running?

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Jan 23 19:05:06 UTC 2009

None of the sites I directly manage are sufficiently busy to warrant
this, but from what I've learned from others:

ZEO Clients might as well be on separate machines in that each has its
own object cache. Sticky sessions improve the chances that some of the
data the user's asking for is cached from previous requests.

Of course, the effect diminishes with the ratio of objects cached to
the objects in the database. If all the ZEO clients are caching the
whole database, there's no performance benefit.