[Setup] What sort of hardware specs are people running?

Gustavo Orrillo gustavo.orrillo at inter-cultura.com
Fri Jan 23 12:32:55 UTC 2009

well, we have a customer with a public site that gets 3 to 4 thousand visits
a day. This site has a 4gb data.fs file. The configuration is:

- a Dual 2 GHz CPU with 4GB of RAM. It is running a ZODB ZEO server and has
1 ZEO Client running. It is running the Apache webserver, proxied by a Squid
cache.

I think this configuration will do it for an start

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:23 AM, JimL <jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks. What sort of hardware specs do you suggest? Or what are you
> currently
> using?
>
> Cheers,  Jim
>

> Gustavo Orrillo wrote:
> >
> > IMHO Linux will do the job, and have an aggressive caching strategy in
> > place

Gustavo Orrillo
Business Development
Inter-Cultura