[Setup] Amending pool-size

Finlay Boo chris.brogan at begbies-traynor.com
Fri Jan 23 10:14:17 UTC 2009

Thank you so much for your help on this Alexander. It's been much
appreciated.

For the time being (and given a 400+ user base), I went with 4 zeo clients
with two threads and the caching seems to be more more effective in terms of
reads/ write from the zope database which shows that I'm along the right
tracks!

Just one more question though. Is there a general guideline in terms of the
number of zeo clients to use per machine. I've been working along the lines
of one client per CPU, or if the CPU is dual core then 2 would be fine.
Therefore, in my environment (2 x Dual core) I've used 4, but I would like
to try out six although I don't know if I should then be looking to add
hardware in order to do this.