[Setup] CacheFu Configuration

Finlay Boo chris.brogan at begbies-traynor.com
Wed Jan 14 19:01:22 UTC 2009

I'm looking for some pointers in how to 'tweak' the CacheFu configuration but
can't find anything in depth.

Basically, my intranet requires users to be logged in but although headers
show ETag data, I usually get NO-ETAG messages. Should I cache content &
containers in memory (I have a healthy 10GB free) with up to 40000 objects
able to be cached in my instances with 6 threads per instance. Would there
be any negative sides to doing this?

Also, I guess my custom types (that get accessed frequently by users) would
probably need some kind of ETag caching. Is there any problem with using
Apache in front of Zope in terms of the caching working 'correctly'?

Are there any nice walkthroughs or blogs anyone has ever come across that
may be able to assist me?