[Setup] opensolaris install virtual/bare-metal diary

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Jan 9 17:52:22 UTC 2009

If the Unified Installer failed with a missing gcc message, that
probably means that the command "which gcc" didn't turn up an
executable. The most likely explanation is that gcc wasn't on the
execution path for the invoking user. It's also possible, of course,
that there's some logical error in the install.sh script in checking
the "which" results. Let me know if you learn more!

Steve