[Setup] Trouble installing Plone 3.1.7 for Windows

weheh richard_gordon at verizon.net
Wed Jan 7 19:09:41 UTC 2009

I am an experienced python user test driving Plone and Zope. Still, so far,
no go on Windows XP even after three install attempts. I am using the
http://plone.org/products/plone "Get Plone for Windows" after having
installed Python 2.4.5 and Zope 2.10.6 (which is no longer in Zope's primary
release list).

I can't use the "Get Plone for all platforms" because it's windows and I
don't have an app to read the .tar.tar file and WinZip, which I do have,
can't read it.

So any suggestions?

Also, this forum doesn't work for newbies using IE 7.0.X. It does work in
Mozilla 2.0.X.

Not a great start.