[Setup] Plone-Squid-Apache and the Virtual Host Monster

JimL jim.leek at eng.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 7 14:58:32 UTC 2009

I have the following (high speed) Plone setup:

Plone -> Pound -> Squid -> Apache -> World Wide Web

My problem is setting up the Virtual Host Monster rewrite rules in Apache.

All the docs I have read assume that you are connecting straight from Apache
to Plone (e.g. on port 8080). However, as I am using Squid as a page cache,
something such as:

http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.example.org:80/example_site/VirtualHostRoot/$1

will just bypass Squid and Pound altogether.

Am I really being dumb here and missing something obvious?

Cheers,  Jim