[Setup] Help with VirtualHostMonster

Sebastian.Lux sebastian.lux at sartorius.com
Mon Jan 5 13:35:14 UTC 2009

Hello,

Iam running Plone on a Windows 2003 Server (Just Plone, no Apache or
anything else). Lets call it "Server2"

Now I have got another Server (Lets call it Server1) with Apache and some
other services already running.

I want Plone to be reachable at the following url: http://Server1/myPortal

So I set up a rewrite rule in the httpd.conf of Server1 Apache like this:
RewriteRule ^/myPortal(.*) http://Server2:8000/$1 [P,R]

This works, BUT after reaching the Plone Site, all other links are not
converted to http://Server1/myPortal/News (for example) but to the
"original" url from server2 (http://Server2:8000/News)

I think the VirtualHostMonster needs some mappings.
Iam really lost at this point and have already used the search engine and
read the following threads about setting up the VirtualHostMonaster
correctly.

http://plone.org/support/forums/setup#nabble-td351534|a351534
http://plone.org/support/forums/setup#nabble-td351968|a351972
http://plone.org/support/forums/setup#nabble-td781458|a781458