[Setup] Re: opensolaris install virtual/bare-metal diary

Dale DeWitt dewittdale at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 23:50:31 UTC 2009

Another find of a different sort.  No results with the installer for
3.2.1 so I opted to copy from the virtualbox instance which has
installed just fine (from 3.1.7 to 3.2.1) . . . to bare-metal.  tar
cvzf and sftp but had to change to gtar since a checksum error was
cited upon tar xvzf  Learn by doing I guess.  Identical stock
Operating systems aside from the one being virtual. Python was
installed before the installer cried failure.  I forgot to copy the
exact message which cited a non existent detailed entry in the
install.log  Sorry.